Monday, June 2, 2008

Must Get Sleep Soon

Too tired. Simple language tonight. In Samoa: Hot and Humid, even at night. Ocean view from back porch. Affirmative: water goes down drain other way. 11:39 PM here, 5:39 AM Texas time. Customs and baggage claim crazy. Easy but LONG flights. No cell phone signal on island, but wifi in house. Tour of island and pictures tomorrow. Welcoming party at the airport with some of the teens and other intern. Nothing can describe how relieved I am to be here. This = dream and opportunity of a life time. Realization: God goes with me even here. Best time of traveling: Garden in Hawai'i. Worst time traveling: last flight took forever (very sleepy). Most stressful: when I put my passport in the wrong compartment of my backpack and thought someone had stolen it in my sleep. Best flight: Abilene to Dallas with Hallie Fraizer next to me. Worst flight: both 5 hour ones. Best airport: Hawaii. Most stressful airport: PagoPago(best said quickly with silent n, making it PONGOpongo like the male dalmatian in 101 Dalmatians). 24 hours ago I was in the Abilene Airport waiting to get to Dallas. Now: PagoPago, American Samoa (Illillili village, not too sure about that spelling, that is how it sounds). Thanks for the prayers. These people love God, each other and new comers, guys, and its awesome.

4 comments:

momandlucy said...

Hey my Baby! Letting go is hard! I am so glad to hear that you are safely there, and sound happy. Send pictures. Have a fun day exploring!
I love you.
Mom and Lucy

Dad said...

I love you and miss you...and Da Bear misses you. Be safe and remeber your brother's advise. Dad

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Please listen to a seashell for me. You are much closer to heaven in Pago Pago than me, stuck in west Texas in the loan office. *gags*

And I hope you take many lovely pictures I can turn into lovely flair on facebook and send to all my friends!

T'auna said...

Kate! I hope you are having a blast! I look forward to reading about your adventures!