Thursday, June 26, 2008

And the Winner Is...

The person that voted orange mango on the poll. I like most of the juice that I have tried, but that one was the winner. 

Anyways, today was a day full of visits and saying good-bye. Actually, only one goodbye. David cooked us a good full breakfast of eggs, sausage, and biscuits that turned out mysteriously like scones, but they were good anyway. Then we went and visited with some people about coming to church on Sunday. David wants to get 125 people at church on Sunday and that involves a lot of inviting. Then we visited Petelo for the last time and it was very sad. We took a video of him singing Savalivali with his guitar. He also signed Wilson, my volleyball. It is amazing how inspiring one man can be. He is paralyzed and such a disciple even though he can't do what most people can. He can't even make it to church on Sunday mornings, but he is dedicated to Christ. His daughter Eme (Emmy) was excited to see us an read with us as always. They are such a special family and I am glad to know them. 



This afternoon we got the rest of the VBS planned and made a list of the things that we still need to get and put together before next week. We have our work cut out for us, but we think that it is going to be a success. At least we are praying that it is.  There are 3 congregations involved in this and there will be about 40-50 children attending it. We have them for 2 and a half hours. 

Tonight we went to "church" or class and talked about instrumental music. The group of about 8 people were very brave in their questions and understanding of the answers. No real conclusions were decided, but no feelings were hurt either. It was a very mature discussion and I am glad to have heard it. I didn't necessarily agree with all of the comments made by the introductory video, but it was good to hear. For those of you who don't know, the congregation that I am working with is very conservative and active in seeking the will of God in the best way that they can. I have really enjoyed working with them too far. 

The sights and sounds of Samoa are becoming more like home to me. I will leave you with this question: How did I ever fall asleep without being lulled to sleep by the delicate chirping of the geckos?

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Dad said...

You are sooo funny...I enjoy reading your blog. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Yes!!! I win!!! I'm a genius!!! Or, apparently, I know my roommate's beverage choices really well. :P

I agree with your dad. Your blog posts brighten up my day after long hours at the office. I always get on to see what you've written right after I get home.

And a volleyball named Wilson - cute.

&hearts

momandlucy said...

I know my baby well!! I win too. Orange Mango! Only 2 1/2 weeks for me to see you in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!! Debbie just did a Fruits of the Spirit VBS. I love you!!

fireinacan said...

You should make a recording of the geckos and play it every night when you get back to the States- I'm sure your roommate will love that!