Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Universidad and Aerobics Fun

Hey there readers!

Thanks so much for keeping up with me. It's great to know that I have people back home cheering me on.

Yesterday was such an exciting day that I was so tired when I got home that I couldn't even keep my eyes open to write on here last night. I am also trying to keep a personal journal and that requires some discipline in itself. I started as a real foreign exchange student yesterday at the Catholic University for my intermediate Spanish class. Our teacher was quite intense. I think she said one word to us in English and that is because she slipped. There are only four students in that class, so we get to talk a lot. We read in Spanish, conversed a lot with her, and wrote and essay. We were assigned several things for homework but that is good I suppose. I am anticipating a very busy semester academically, but it's all good.

Last night we went and joined the gym that Autumn, my teacher, was a part of the last time that she was here. We went to the aerobica (aerobics) class last night and had a blast trying to figure out what was going on. The room was quite small and there were probably thirty or forty people in there doing aerobics. I ended up at the front and made less of a fool of myself than expected. It was so much fun. I think I will get better at my left and rights in Spanish for sure! I think step class is tonight and that will be even more fun than aerobics!

Today I have my first quiz in Biochem and have been studying and doing homework all morning long. After biochem this afternoon we are going on a bus tour of Montevideo which should be interesting. I am excited to see more of the city!

I would like to send a shout out to two of my best friends in the world back in Abilene: Lacy and Collin, happy 21st birthday! I am sorry I had to miss it to be here, but I love y'all and am thinking about you all day! Don't go too crazy!

I can't believe that it's already September! Crazy! Keep me in your prayers for the rest of this amazing semester in another part of God's world!


2 comments:

Lacy said...

Aww I feel so special! I love you and miss you so much girl!

momandlucy said...

Esta Suzanna en casa? Si esta con una amiga. en la sala? no, en la cocina. I could converse with your professor too!