Sunday, September 20, 2009

¿Qué pasa?

As you can see from my crafty title, I have spent the last four days trying to learn keyboard tricks to make my learning experience more fun and to become an international MAC citizen by learning cool things. ¿No?

Anyways, this week has been uneventful and very eventful all at the same time. It has been up and down and up again which is good. Always good to end the weekend on a good note.

Friday was a pretty basic day with P.Chem having been moved to the morning. That afternoon we ventured to the Montevideo Shopping Mall to go to a store called "Tienda Igelsa" to see what the "American store" was really like. "¿What was it like? ¿You ask?" (Obnoxious yet?) Well, fine readers it was like a small disorganized and downsized Walmart. Full of the basic scurrying Walmart shoppers going around and disorganizing it further.

Lauren cooked a fine dinner for us of this Mexican casserole stuff that was delicious. We milled around and played games and watched a movie that night after a trip to the gym. We went to Este's fighting class. Oh wait, that was really funny. All the guys decided that they needed to come see what the fun stuff was about, so they all came to fight class. It really was a good time. They were so hilarious to watch. Ben (the tall one) was right behind me and decided it would be fun to try to punch around my head (really long arms). So he did and it worked for a little while. Eventually though, he did clip my head a bit and backed off. We joked about it for the rest of the night. It was fun to have them there and smirk as they grimaced because the work-out was hard! Yes!

Anyways, Saturday was awesome for the most part! We went ice-skating after sleeping in. Herman, a Uruguayan guy that wanted to practice his English, took us. There was a little rink on the almost top floor of a parking garage. The skates that I got really hurt my feet. They were like the old leather kind and everyone else had like rollerblade looking ones. I was the cutest for sure, but they didn't have like any ankle support so I was quite cautious, having weak ankles to begin with. It was still fun though.

Today was a day of church, homework, rest, relaxation, more homework, and more church. We went to a new place for lunch and I had some pasta that was pretty good, but better tonight when I ate the other half with some cheese on top. :) We have a Biochem test coming up so most energies are focused on that. We leave for BA on Friday morning and we are celebrating my birthday on Thursday with a lunch and a cake! Hurray for being 20!

I can't wait to have more to talk about! Thanks for the support and comments and voting on the poll!

No comments: