Friday, July 4, 2008

Poor Father Abraham!





I thought that people who read my blog knew me pretty well, but never mind that! Father Abraham is my ALL time favorite song to sing. Lord's Army and Baby Shark are a close second, but Abraham takes the cake on that one. 

Anyways, I was so tired last night that I neglected to write on my blog. But we had another full and fun day yesterday. We woke up and I made myself and omelette. It was magically delicious. Then we loaded up and headed to VBS. The ground under the tent was still wet, so Colleen brought large mats for them to sit on. That worked  fairly well, until it started raining and the mats got wet too. The kids were so cute. When they went to sit on the mat, they took there little shoes off and we had an enormous pile of slippers (flip-flops) on the side of the mat. The Samoans are very respectful of things that like that; it is ingrained into them from a very young age. 

We talked about Gentleness and Kindness yesterday and it went fairly well.  I am learning how hard it is to get kids to be calm when you can't get them sitting down. We were told by the pastor of Nu'u Uli that we were being too loud during our game of sheep tag. So, we had to sing for another 30 minutes at the end because we couldn't play our game. That was too bad. I was sad about that because the game was really fun and the kids were running around and it was alright with us. 

After VBS, we went to a Korean restaurant and I had some lo mein that was really good. Then we went home and I fell asleep for about 2 hours. I napped for too long though because I didn't want to get up at all.

We went to lectureship that night and heard more about the importance of being under the 2nd covenant of God instead of the 1st. It was interesting. We came home and everyone came to our apartment for taco soup. Danielle left on the plane last night, so Danna and David left to see her off and we went up-stairs for our last dance lesson. We are performing tonight...that will be very interesting. 

Today is not the same old game plan: We are going to VBS and then we are going up to a little tiny village to watch one of our members cook an umu(umu is the style of cooking). It is cooked in the ground and has taro, bananas, bread fruit and a pig. It is going to be fun. I hope they don't kill the pig in front of us. 

Then we are coming home and getting ready for the little fiafia night after lectureship. There is one other group that is performing; but, I don't know who they are. 

More about the rest of my stuff later on!

Love from AmSam!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I win again! How do I know you so well?

And Happy Fourth of July! Good luck with your dance tonight and I also hope they don't kill the pig in front of you.

&hearts

momandlucy said...

I thought it was baby shark because u and wade used to sing it so much.
Index ur blog katherine. Have a great trip!