Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hawai'i Again

Alright, the last time I wrote to you, I was intensely sad about leaving Samoa. That hasn't changed. But my outlook has. I am believing that now I have done something good in Samoa, but it is time to go on. I am going to remember the good times I had with all of the wonderful people there, but think about where I am too. It is still hard to look at the pictures, but getting easier a little bit at a time. Someday soon I am sure I will be able to see them with only joy in my eyes, forsaking the tears that so easily ensnare me right now. I am trying hard to enjoy Hawaii, but it gets hard when I get tired. It gets hard to hold myself together. 

Yesterday we spent the day driving around and getting acquainted with the area we are going to be in. Then we went to the beach at Waikiki and swam for a while. We came back over to the house with our family for dinner and had some good time with them. We had shrimp and talked theology. It was good for my brain to work again. 

Today we came over to the house this morning and have been chilling by the pool and all that jazz this afternoon. I miss Samoa still but it is better I suppose.

I'll write more when my life is more interesting. 


No comments: