Sunday, July 20, 2008

Not in Kansas anymore...

Well, I am warming up to Hawaii I suppose. Today we swam out to an island (about a quarter of a mile) and snorkeled there and then swam back. I love snokelling, but I don't love salt water in my mouth. We checked into our new house today and I have a room of my own and wireless in my room. I am happy.  I still miss Samoa so much. I keep having to remind myself that I did good there and that it is time to move on and keep doing good. I just wish my time there hadn't been so short. It really did change my life though. It changed my heart, my perspective, and my dreams of the future. I hope I left something there, in exchange for all the wisdom those kids gave me. 


I wonder: Do you think Paul the Apostle cried when he had to leave a city, one that he really loved? I bet he did. I know, if Paul is anything like me, he was sad to leave the believers there, but had confidence that he would see them in Heaven. He had fellowship with them in the Spirit and he kept loving and praying for them even while he was away. I know now why he made three journeys. How could you start a church, or encourage a church, and then stay put and never go back? I don't think I could. 


I will remember for the rest of my life the good friends that I have in Samoa and Lord willing, return there someday. If not, I know I will see my brothers and sisters from Tafuna and Nu'uuli Church in Heaven. I can't wait for that day.

2 comments:

Brantly said...

hey kate! im so sorry that i havent been reading your posts. but im so glad that you had an awesome time in samoa!

SeoulSearching said...

hey kate! this is gabi! i know how you feel. when i left china i felt so overwhelmed that i was actually leaving... i was heartbroken for so long but then i reminded myself that it definitely changed who i was and how i viewed life! and now i'm in south korea! how amazing is that! well i hope your time in montevideo is great! i'll be keeping up!! :)