Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Colleen!

Picture: Marci, Melinda, and I at their final Sunday at church after the goodbye ceremony.


Today is Colleen Ashley's birthday and you should all know that. She is the daughter, also a sophomore at ACU, of the missionaries that I am now staying with. There are two missionary families at the church that we go to and the wives of the family are sisters. I moved upstair into the Ashley's house on Sunday when the Willis family left with Marci and Melinda. I am on my own here now, but I have been spending every waking moment with Colleen. While the Willis' were here, I spent my time with them, but now I am a part of the Ashley family. It is all sort of confusing to understand. Right now I am working on some homework from my Maymester course. I have to do several projects this summer for that. I was finished with about 80% of the assignments when I got here, but I am finishing them up and putting the polish on them yesterday and today. I hoping to email it in fairly soon. Email is a great thing, but sending in papers and projects all summer long is not. Anyways, back to the story of my life.

Picture: Some of the members of our church, mostly the kids I have been working with.

Yesterday Colleen and I hung out around the house for most of the day. We ran a couple of errands, but mostly stayed home and did homework and wasted time staring out the window. I am reading a book called Captivating and so I read that a little too. Last night we went out for Colleen's birthday and I got some steak. After 6 weeks of very little beef, it tasted fantastic! I was so excited to have a potato and steak, I could hardly hold it in. I am glad I decided to indulge. Then we came back and both fell asleep watching the first Harry Potter movie. We are planning on finishing that movie after lunch. I think I am going to take Colleen out for lunch after we run errands here in a little while. I did laundry yesterday for what might be the last time. I don't want to take dirty clothes to Hawai'i, so I am trying to get it all done here. 

I have been talking to Ruth about the end of this week and I think I am going to go out to Nu'uuli Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday to have a Bible study and chill with them. I am going to miss the teens there a lot. They are so fascinated by my blue eyes it absolutely cracks them up. 
Picture: Fae and her baby Angel. She had her Wednesday night almost a week ago. She was 3 days old in this picture! 

Well, I guess this is how you vacation in paradise (minus the homework). I hope everyone is doing well. Please don't think that I am being too lazy; after all, my internship was technically over Sunday night. 

Love from the middle of Pacific Ocean, 

Kate

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Kate, I thought you weren't going to Hawaii until July 19...? Hoping to see you there. Saying good-bye is hard. Just remember that God has chosen the place for you to live (Acts 17:26) for a reason. You will take what you have learned in AS back with you and you will never forget them- or them you!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you're taking the time to get back to the important things in life: homework and the procrastination thereof. I'm a super procrastinator, as you very well know. I will tell you that I did finish my reading this morning and was well prepared for class. Ha ha!

&hearts

momandlucy said...

I am glad that u r having a good last. I just want to see u!