Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Day at Ezell

Well, readers, as interesting as my life usually is, today has...well, not been an exception. We did the very last bit of orientation, picked out scrub tops, and are just getting ready to hit the ground running tomorrow. I will hopefully get to still write when I get up into the mountains of Chichicastenango. Apparently, there they don't speak much spanish, they speak K'iche, Mayan dialect. It is going to be interesting. The Mayan people are on average maybe five feet if they are lucky. The shower facilties may be really interesting...I am excited about being there and being in clinics though. We will live more than an hour away from where we work, so we are going to be getting on the road every day for the next two weeks around 6AM, that's 7 Texas time, but still...pretty early. I don't really know what I am going to be doing in the clinics but I will let you know when I find out!
 
I am excited yet hesitant in a lot of ways. My MCAT score is supposedly going to be released tomorrow, so I would just ask for prayers, that if it is good or bad, I can still focus on the work that I am doing here. I would ask for prayers that help me stay in the moment here and not worry so much about what is awaiting me when I get back (for better or for worse). Also prayers for Garrett, my new friend, who is also pretty nervous about his scores. He's super smart though and most likely going to blow me away with his score. Oh well, though. Life goes on. I thank God for the peace I have already been granted with this and that it continues.
 
Tomorrow is an early morning so I have to get to bed, or to play cards...in any case, thanks for the prayers and support and I hope this blog fines you well and content with wherever God is using you in your life right now.
 
*K-baby

3 comments:

momandlucy said...

Prayers for peace and acceptance. I love you with a 15 or a 40! I can't wait to hear about the clinic1

momandlucy said...

Hi there!

fireinacan said...

God's looking out for your future, so you're covered no matter how this test went down. So just take a deep breath if you get nervous about it, and then remember that Sims is stuck in Abilene while you're down in Guatemala!