Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Caterin is the Chocolate Factories

Hey there! Well, I am glad to report that after ten hours of sleep yesterday, I am still exhausted...

I think it is the five hours of language school and then the everyday Spanish that is getting me. Today, finally, I feel like I hit the brick wall that was so familiar while in Montevideo. It's like this. I am learning and doing well, trucking along like always, and then, suddenly, my mind freezes and I can't think. It like the first time I fell in love, just kidding. But yeah, I freeze and can't think. Can't find the words, can't find the phrases, can't spell...and then after a little rest, it doesn't away. However, I think that it is pretty normal and will subside as my "tolerance" gets a little better. I still love it though. Love it! Love the clothes (scrubs). Love the shoes (crocs). Love everything.

Today I thought we were going to a chocolate factory...instead, we were the chocolate factory. We pealed the roasted beans, took them to a place that ground them up, and then patted it into patties that they melted into a drink that they served us. It was really interesting. Hence, the title of this blog (Caterin is the way they like to spell my full name)

What about the food, Kate? Well, it has been good. A lot of rice and beans and yeah, more rice and beans. But last night and this morning I had really interesting food. Last night was a corn tamale like thing that I, honestly, had a hard time with. I choked it down and ate some bread. I woke up hopeful...but yeah. I had this stuff that was kinda like oatmeal or something, but worse. I choked it down and...ate some bread. Lunch was good and I am still optimistic about dinner!

Anyway, great day. Great group. Great life. Great opportunity. Awesome God. Check. Love it. LOVE it. Hasta luego!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update...we love you. Tell us about your team.