Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hot Springs!

Hey there!

Well, third day in Xela, Guatemala. Today we went to the hot springs and it was really fun. We got in the bus after class and drove about 40 minutes to the springs. They are hot because the water is heated by the volcanoes that are the mountains around us. We got up there and then ate lunch. I had a ham sandwich...and coke. Pretty good stuff. Then we got in the springs and they were so warm. I love this group because they are all nerd like me. We talked about TAQ polymerase being able to live in the springs because they are so hot and some about the MCAT...these kids are smart. Then we played mafia on the way back and I am now sitting in my favorite little cafe. They have american tasting brownies and good coffee. I have had between 5-6 cups of coffee a day because that's all my "mom" gives me to drink with my meals.

Here's some about the cast of characters:
We have two groups, A and B and two groups Cafe and non-cafe. The cafe kids (myself included) have been going to this cafe every day.

The cafe crew:
Nate (tall, brown hair, glasses)- ACU, pre-med, super intelligent, knows Spanish, friendly and street-smart
Sarah (big curly dark hair, almost Columbian looking)- A and M, EMT, a little loud, but super friendly
Andrea Jernigan (tall, dark hair)- graduated from Harding, PT, super precious and easy going and engaged!!!!
Garrett Rampon (French, dark hair, looks like Jacob from Twilight--no really, he does--)- Libscomb, pre-med, reminds me of my cousin Liam but older, has traveled Europe, not afraid of foreign cities with potentially high crime rates, gets MCAT score the same day I do
Kate- ACU, pre-med, only blonde on the trip (in a couple of different ways)


...to be continued...

Anyway! Love yall!

Thanks for reading (and commenting)

*k-baby

5 comments:

Kate Huggins said...

Wow. Forgive me for when the Spanish syntax imposes itself upon my English grammar. (Yeah, Nate helped me write that sentence!)

Dara said...

We'll forgive your grammar, don't worry. I really don't like grammar anyway :) So, I think we need some pictures of your cast of characters...

Schlinley said...

i concur with Dara! i would also love to see some pics of guatemala itself. thanks for the updates!

Nate said...

The hard thing is I can't upload pictures because of the internet. I will when I get to Houston or Canada in July... :)

Kate Huggins said...

Didn't mean to post that under Nate's name... lol...this is still kate