Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend at Chicacao!!

Hey there friends and family!
 
I am happy to report tht I am loving my life here at the coast. By the coast I mean still 40 miles away from the beach...not walking distance...
 
We had a great weekend filled with soccer games. i am finding that I really like to watch the world cup matches and they are really fairly interesting. Garrett and I have our brackets going and we'll have to se how mine shapes up. We watched the USA-England game on Saturday all together and that was really fun.
 
Today at the clinic, Amy Archer and I are doing dental again. I got to do a cleaning all by myself which was really cool. I really enjoy working with dental, but not as much as medical. Being here at Ezell at the coast has been such a high...I don't want our time to end. I don't wanna say goodbye to my new friends!! But life goes on and I do miss my old friends.
 
Today Amy and I were thinking about how different the two locations are for us. In Chichi, I wanted to go to work early and get home late. Here I want work to end so that I can go home and be with my adorable family. The little grandchildren were over yesterday and the little girls are so cute! One of them talks to me in Spanih really fast and her pitch goes up so high at the end of her sentences she is squeaking. She also helped me brush my hair yesterday and we sat on my bed and takled for a while. She is four.. :)
 
So yeah, i am good and healthy right now. The bed bugs bites are almost all resolved now...the final count (drumroll...) five-hundred and eighty. that's right 580. Eighty more than half a thousand. Lovin' life though... Loving it.
 
Oh did i mention that my bathroom is in the kitchen? It's great. the toliet, shower, stove and sink are all there together. I suppose if you need water in a room you need water the room. Taking a shower while they clean upfrom dinner is interesting though. Oh well, just another quirky thing about Guatemala. I don't know what is quirky anymore though...
 
Well thanks for all the prayers and love! I'll see some of you soon!

2 comments:

fireinacan said...

So watching the cup up here is weird... all the commentary is in english. futbol is supposed to be narrated in spanish and occasionally punctuated by GOOOOAAAAAL!!! Loving watching the US and Uruguay though

Dara said...

I have a bracket going too! Its crazy how being in a country that loves soccer can also make you love soccer, isn't it?
Its great to hear that you are "lovin it". I can't wait til you're back!