Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Beginning to Feel a lot like Finals...

Wow! I have a week and a few hours left here in Montevideo and that is absolutely astounding to think about. When I cast my mind back to the first part of this semester, I come up with anything but and empty hook. It seems like going to BA and my birthday and Brazil were ages ago, like I have known these people my whole life, but I haven't! At the same time though, it feels like I just got here! I know that is not true. I see the progress that I have made as a Spanish speaker, as a student, as a friend, as a roommate, and mostly as a child of God and know that some time has past.

This week is a little bit crazy, but I am taking it minute by minute, class by class, and trying to make it last as long as I can. Our rhythm has been interupted by finals and lots of studying.

Yesterday, my spanish class, 4 of us in total, left at 11Am to go to the tallest building in Montevideo for our field trip. I just put up pictures on facebook. The 26 floor of the building is a public viewing floor that give a 360 degree view of Montevideo from on high. I didn't really understand too much from the tour guide, but most of it was measurements and architect stuff. It was really awesome to see just how HUGE this city is! We got a great video of the monte, or cerro as they call it. You should check out the pictures though, it is just too hard to describe.

Well, sadly, I have to get back to studying now. I hope and pray that everything is going well for you! Thanks for the prayers and encouragement! :) See (almost) all of you soon!

No comments: